/*sidenote tool from arc90 */ /* end of Google Analytics code */ A Random Pattern: Just what I've been searching for - Ha!

A Random Pattern

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Just what I've been searching for - Ha!

Now this is cool. If you're anything like me, you suffer from information overload. I think it will become a defining characteristic of the current generation. I've been watching for the "perfect" solution, and have been bemused by the lack of even a decent attempt. (Ok, that might be a little harsh.) Over the last few years the situation has gradually improved, due to a variety of products and solutions. A big factor (in my mind) has been PDA's that sync with email programs - but these still aren't enough. Enter A Dynamite Personal Information Manager, Evernote. I haven't used it yet, but am installing it now. I'll let you know how it goes, but the reviews (and it has apparently been extensively reviewed) put it near the top of the class for current solutions.

It appears to match or exceed Microsoft's OneNote application in most areas, with the obvious advantages of 1 - not being Microsoft; and 2 - being free.

May this make one of my dreams come true, and allow me to actually use more of the vast amount of information I handle. Well, we'll see - and here's to progress.