/*sidenote tool from arc90 */ /* end of Google Analytics code */ A Random Pattern: WWDC 2006 Predictions: It's about the Cat

A Random Pattern

Sunday, August 06, 2006

WWDC 2006 Predictions: It's about the Cat

Everyone else is doing it, I figured I'll throw my hat in the ring too. Of course, I don't have much to add other than what I think is obvious. If you want the low-down on rumors, sites like TUAW writeup will fill you up.

So here's the skinny: This is a developer conference. Yes, Apple may role out some new hardware. Everyone wants them to, but no one's got any real idea whether they will or won't. What we do know is that the main focus here is on Developers, and on the next version of OS X.

Here's my predictions - they fall in line with one of my favorite bloggers, John Gruber from Daring Fireball:
-Leopard out soon, probably before Window's Vista.
-Improved Spotlight and Metadata features (thanks Ars for making me dream!)
-New eye candy, major graphics cleanup.
-Next step for resolution independence?
-New Mac Pro. Yes, I think they'll probably introduce it. No, I don't have any good reason for thinking so, other than aggregate opinion (which is a really bad indicator, historically).

Thanks to someone's quick camera, we know Apple's expecting to wow us with the next version of OS X. And that, my friends, can only be good for computer users everywhere.