/*sidenote tool from arc90 */ /* end of Google Analytics code */ A Random Pattern: Myst V | Ubisoft

A Random Pattern

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Myst V | Ubisoft

Myst V | Ubisoft

I'm both sad and excited - this is the last release in the Myst series, one of the best video game series ever (in my opinion, anyways). Of course, if you've been following Myst, and Cyan (the company founded by the brothers who created the first 3 Myst games), there weren't supposed to be any more after 3. I suppose the franchise was sold to someone else, and they've decided this is as far as the money would carry it.

If you take a look at the site, it's got some great looking graphics, and a few tiny puzzles to unlock more graphics. I'm not really grasping the whole "slate" thing - hopefully they'll find a way to explain it more clearly soon. Or just put out a demo, that'd be fine too. Anybody done any hands-on with this game yet?

So I'd put this series just below X-Com on my favorite PC game list. I don't buy consoles, otherwise I'd put Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong, and Super Mario World on the list too. :)

So back to Myst - like puzzles and awesome graphics? Check out Myst V, especially if you've liked the rest of the series.